Our school is dedicated to implementing energy efficient practices, recognising that this is essential to provide a leading example to our pupils and the wider community.
We are committed to the following:
• Setting annual energy savings targets
• Continual improvement in reducing our energy usage
• Complying with all energy and other legislation
• Minimising the impact that our energy use has on the environment
• Communication of our energy statement and energy programme to all staff, students and parents
• Ensuring suppliers and contractors are aware of our energy practice
We are currently reviewing our Energy Awareness Footprint and Statement.
A committee has been formed and are hosting a Energy Awareness week 15th to 19th May, with various activities, visits and guest speakers organised.
Watch this spot for more information, coming soon.
The ‘Green Team’ Committee of pupils including Student Council representatives and Energy conscientious pupils worked together over the past few weeks to successfully put together an energy aware week to capture the minds of all the students.
Winners of the art competition were: Sarah Potts, Amy Lamb and Molly McDonald.
Fifth year representatives of the committee gave a power point presentation to the Board of Management on the 22nd May and the Chairperson of the Board Rev. McNie higly commended the pupils for their efforts.