Our school is dedicated to implementing energy efficient practices, recognising that this is essential to provide a leading example to our pupils and the wider community.
We are committed to the following:
• Setting annual energy savings targets
• Continual improvement in reducing our energy usage
• Complying with all energy and other legislation
• Minimising the impact that our energy use has on the environment
• Communication of our energy statement and energy programme to all staff, students and parents
• Ensuring suppliers and contractors are aware of our energy practice
We reviewed our Energy Awareness Footprint and Statement in the Academic year 2016/2017 and have continued to work and be mindful of our energy awareness and compliance to date.
Work still continues in the Academic year 2018/2019. An Poster Competition was held for Form 1 Students, sponsored by Ms. Wright. The standard of entry was extremely high and there were novel and creative items transparent in the posters. All posters will be displayed in the school over the coming months.
Archive news & photos:
The ‘Green Team’ Committee of pupils including Student Council representatives and Energy conscientious pupils worked together over the past few weeks to successfully put together an energy awareness week to capture the minds of all the students (2016/2017)
Winners of the art competition were: Sarah Potts, Amy Lamb and Molly McDonald.
Fifth year representatives of the committee gave a power point presentation to the Board of Management on the 22nd May 2017 and the Chairperson of the Board Rev. McNie higly commended the pupils for their efforts.